Pepper and thyme beef with zucchini salad
Fresh and filling, this speedy beef dish ticks all the boxes. You’re ready to plate up in just 25 minutes.
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 (about 255g each) Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Scotch Fillet or Porterhouse Steaks
- 1 tbs coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped thyme
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 330g jar whole roasted peppers (capsicum), drained, torn into strips
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Thyme sprigs, to serve
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray the zucchini slices with olive oil spray. Cook the zucchini slices on the grill for 1 min each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate.
Spray the steaks with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the pepper and chopped thyme. Season with salt. Cook steaks on grill for 2-3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Rest for 5 mins. Thinly slice.
Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, oil and mustard in a small jug. Season.
Place the zucchini, spinach, capsicum and blue cheese in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
Divide the salad and steaks evenly among serving plates. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and sprinkle the steaks with thyme sprigs to serve.