Pepper-crusted beef with beetroot salad
Whip up dinner in a flash! This pepper-crusted beef is a quick and easy family hit.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 (150g each) Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Fillet Steaks
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented reserving juice
- 2 x 250g pkts Coles Australian Baby Beetroot, quartered
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup (210g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
- Sliced Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Ciabatta Loaf, to serve (optional)
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Place the pepper on a small plate and season with salt. Spray steaks with olive oil spray, then roll the edge of each steak in pepper mixture to coat. Sprinkle any remaining pepper mixture over the steaks.
Cook steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Combine the orange segments, beetroot, radish and rocket in a large bowl. Combine the reserved orange juice, vinegar and oil in a screw-top jar. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, mustard and dill in a small bowl.
Thickly slice the steaks. Divide the steak and salad among serving plates. Serve with the yoghurt mixture and bread, if desired.