Persian-style chicken and rice salad
This hearty chicken dish packed with delicious spices is a guaranteed hit. Tender chicken and black rice is brought together by a zesty dressing and dukkah.
Note: + 10 minutes standing time
- 1 cup (200g) black rice
- 2 oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 cup (80g) currants
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (50g) baby capers, drained
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Hot Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed
- 250g baby cucumbers, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 tbs pistachio dukkah
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
Place the rice, orange rind, orange juice and 1½ cups (375ml) water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 30 mins or until rice is tender. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins to steam.
Place the rice, currants, chickpeas, capers and almond in a large bowl. Season. Toss to combine.
Coarsely shred the chicken. Add the chicken, cucumber, dukkah and oil to the rice mixture in the bowl. Toss to combine. Serve with yoghurt.Serve with pomegranate seeds, coriander sprigs and pistachio dukkah.