Pickled cucumber salad with smoked salmon
This irresistible salad combo will have your tastebuds singing! Even better, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Note: + standing time
- 200g frozen edamame or broad beans
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 150g Coles Tasmanian Hot Smoked Salmon Fillets With Pepper, flaked
Cook the edamame or broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Peel and place in a bowl.
Combine half the vinegar, half the sugar and 1 tbs salt in a separate bowl. Add the cucumber and toss to combine. Set aside for 2 mins to develop the flavours. Drain well.
Whisk the soy sauce, wasabi paste, remaining vinegar and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Season. Arrange the radicchio and avocado on serving plates. Top with the cucumber and salmon. Sprinkle with the edamame or broad beans and drizzle with the dressing to serve.