Pistachio and fruit mince ice cream pie
Looking for the perfect warm-weather dessert? Try this pistachio and fruit mince ice cream pie - it’s festive, refreshing and delicious.
Note: + 6 hours 10 mins freezing time
- 250g Arnott’s Butternut Snap Cookie biscuits, coarsely chopped
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (275g) fruit mince
- 300ml Coles Thickened Cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 4 pieces cranberry and pistachio nougat, chopped
- Chopped pistachios, extra, to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
Place the biscuit in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 16cm (base measurement) round pie tin and use a flat-bottomed, straight-sided glass to spread and press over the base and side. Place in the freezer for 10 mins or until firm.
Spoon the ice cream into a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, pistachio and fruit mince and gently stir to combine. Spoon into the pie case and smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight or until firm.
Transfer the pie to a serving platter. Spoon over the whipped cream and decorate with nougat and extra pistachio. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Get-ahead tip: Make the pie, without the toppings, up to 2 months ahead - just cover well with foil and store in the freezer.