Try this nachos recipe for an easy dish that packs a flavour punch. It’s made using a plant-based Mexican mince mix and crunchy corn chips - delicious!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, stems and roots reserved
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 300g gold sweet potato, finely chopped
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (70g) Scoop & Weigh Plant-Based Mexican Mince Mix
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) boiling water
- Corn chips, to serve
- Avocado chopped, to serve
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Finely chop the coriander stems and roots. Add 2 tbs of chopped stems and roots to the pan with the onion, garlic, capsicum and sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the sweet potato is tender.
Add the beans, Mexican mince mix and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 mins or until the vegetables are tender and mixture thickens.
Arrange the corn chips on a serving platter. Top with mince mixture. Sprinkle with avocado, tomato and coriander leaves to serve.