Pork belly with roast pear and rocket salad
Tick all the boxes with this flavour-packed meal. Think crispy pork, fresh rocket and juicy roast pear, brought together by a zesty dressing.
Note: + resting time
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped thyme
- ½ orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1.2kg Coles Australian Pork Belly Roast Boneless
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
- 4 small pears, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 100g sliced pancetta
- 1½ tbs apple cider vinegar
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 2 small fennel, finely shaved
- 60g dry-roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 small pear, extra, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 240°C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Combine the olive oil, thyme, orange rind and half the garlic in a small bowl. Season. Rub all over the flesh of the pork, avoiding the rind. Place the pork, rind-side up, in the lined pan. Pat rind dry with paper towel. Use a small sharp knife to score rind at 5mm intervals. Rub salt into the rind. Roast for 40-45 mins or until rind crackles. Reduce oven to 160°C. Roast for a further 1¼-1½ hours or until pork is tender. Cover with foil and set aside for 15 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Arrange pear wedges over 1 lined tray. Drizzle with 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil and season. Roast for 20-25 mins or until pear is golden brown and tender. Cool slightly.
While the pear is cooking, arrange the pancetta over the remaining lined tray. Bake for 3-4 mins or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Combine the orange juice, vinegar, remaining garlic and remaining extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Season. Combine pear, pancetta, rocket, fennel, almond and extra pear in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine.
Transfer the pork to a serving platter with the salad. Season to serve.
Serve with thyme sprigs and orange zest