Pork cutlets with caponata
Looking for a tasty Italian-inspired recipe for dinner tonight? Look no further than these pork cutlets with caponata. Ready in 30 minutes, they’ll keep the whole family happy.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) pitted Sicilian green olives, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Pork Cutlets
- Olive oil, extra, to brush
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggplant to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add celery and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the onion softens. Add the tomato, olive and capers. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the tomato is very soft. Stir in vinegar, sugar and eggplant and season.
Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Brush pork with oil and season. Cook for 4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Divide the pork, eggplant mixture and rocket among serving plates. Season with pepper to serve.