Pork piccata with potato mash
Inspired by home style Italian cooking, this pan fried pork fillet is cooked with lemon and capers for a tasty weeknight meal in just 15 minutes.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 400g Coles Australian Pork Fillet, thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, halved
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, just thawed
- 2 x 350g tubs Coles Crème Royale Mashed Potato
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the pork, in 2 batches, for 1½ mins each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the butter and zucchini to the pan. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 2-3 mins or until zucchini is tender. Return the pork to the pan with the lemon rind, capers and peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 mins or until heated through.
Meanwhile, heat the mashed potato following packet directions.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves over the pork mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with the mash.