Pork sausage and ricotta pizza
Make gourmet pizzas at home in just 30 minutes! Top bought pizza bases with ricotta, pesto, rosemary and pork sausage meatballs for a tasty midweek meal.
- 500g Coles Finest Italian Style Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 2 large pizza bases
- ⅓ cup (95g) tomato pizza sauce
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 200g firm ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tbs rosemary leaves
- ½ cup (130g) basil pesto
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5 mins or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
Place pizza bases on 2 baking trays. Spread evenly with pizza sauce. Divide the onion, zucchini, ricotta and sausage among the pizza bases. Sprinkle with rosemary. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12 mins or until bases are golden brown.
Drizzle pizzas with the pesto and sprinkle with chilli, if using.