Pork stroganoff steaks
We’ve given classic stroganoff a twist with tasty pork steaks. Ready in 30 minutes, it’s a great midweek go-to.
- 400g Coles Australian Pork Sizzle Steak
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) Coles Real Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 2 x 350g tubs Coles Kitchen Crème Royale Mashed Potato
- Steamed green beans, halved, to serve
Season the pork. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, in 2 batches, for 2 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until the onion softens. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until just tender.
Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until combined. Add stock, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 mins or until the sauce reduces slightly.
Place the sour cream in a small bowl. Add 1/3 cup (80ml) of the stock mixture and stir until well combined. Add to the remaining stock mixture in the pan and stir until well combined. Season.
Heat the mashed potato following packet directions. Cut the pork in half. Divide the mashed potato, pork and green beans among serving plates. Top with the sauce. Season to serve.