Portuguese-style chicken with rice
Try this for a speedy family meal. Our Portuguese-style chicken is served with spiced rice and drizzled with a herby yoghurt dressing for added flavour.
- 12 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs mustard powder
- 2 tbs sambal oelek or chilli sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 100g chargrilled red peppers (capsicum), chopped
- 250g pkt microwavable brown & wild rice
- 2/3 cup (190g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs finely chopped mint
Combine the chicken, cumin, mustard powder, sambal oelek or chilli sauce, oil and half the garlic in a large bowl. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the corn to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until golden. Add the capsicum and rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through. Season. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Whisk the yoghurt, mint and remaining garlic in a bowl. Season.
Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Drizzle with the yoghurt mixture. Serve with the rice mixture.
Serve with: olive oil, mint sprigs and lime wedges