Portuguese-style chorizo pasta salad
This tasty combo of penne, chorizo, haloumi and sriracha mayo is savoury bliss! It’s so quick and easy, perfect for weeknight meals.
- 300g Coles Penne Rigate pasta
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 200g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (75g) sriracha mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60g) light sour cream
- 350g pkt Coles Kitchen Kaleslaw Salad Kit
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 tbs chopped oregano
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 mins or until al dente. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Add the haloumi to the pan. Cook for 1 min each side or until golden and heated through.
Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tbs warm water in a small jug until well combined. Add the salad mix, onion, chorizo, haloumi and oregano to pasta in the bowl. Toss to combine.
Transfer pasta mixture to a serving platter. Drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture and season to serve.