Potted ham with garlic crostini
Perfect for entertaining, this potted ham recipe is a must-try. Serve it with crunchy crostini for a cracking starter.
Note: + Cooling & 5 mins standing time
- 1 shallot, peeled, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 400g sliced Coles Beechwood Smoked Australian Half Leg Ham
- Single Beechwood Smoked
- 1 1/2 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs finely chopped tarragon or 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Mini Rye
- Pane Di Casa, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
Combine the shallot, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice and vinegar in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 mins or until the shallot softens.
Add the sour cream, oil, mustard and 1 tbs of water to the shallot mixture. Stir until smooth. Season.
Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the ham into small pieces. Add to the sour cream mixture in the bowl with the parsley and tarragon. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
To make the garlic crostini, heat a chargrill on medium-high. Lightly spray both sides of the bread with olive oil spray. Cook on the grill, turning once, for 3 mins or until toasted. Cool slightly. Rub both sides of the bread with the cut side of the garlic.
Transfer the ham mixture to a serving dish. Arrange on a serving platter with the garlic crostini. Serve immediately.
Serve with: olives, cornichons, baby capers, soft cheese and flat-leaf parsley sprigs