Prawn and mixed pea noodle salad
This prawn and noodle salad is full of fresh flavour. With a zesty dressing, it makes for a deliciously good lunch or dinner.
- 340g pkt Coles Asia Rice Vermicelli
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 750g Coles Deli Thawed Cooked Medium Black Tiger Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook the noodles, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins or until tender, adding the combined peas for the last 2 mins of cooking. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Transfer the noodle mixture to a large bowl with the prawns and onion. Toss to combine.
Combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake until well combined. Season.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with basil leaves and lemon zest. Serve with lemon wedges.