Prawn and quinoa soup
Enjoy some tasty seafood this week with this delicious prawn and quinoa soup. Ready to serve in just 30 minutes, this simple dish makes for the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (50g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 salt-reduced chicken stock cube
- 24 Coles Thawed Australian MSC* Raw Banana Prawns (from the deli), peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 11/4 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the vegetables soften.
Add the quinoa, stock cube and 6 cups (1.5L) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins or until the quinoa is tender. Stir in prawns and peas and cook for 4 mins or until the prawns curl and change colour and the peas are heated through. Stir in the spinach and lemon juice and cook for 1 min or until the spinach wilts.
Divide the soup among serving bowls and sprinkle with lemon zest. Season with pepper to serve.