‘Prawn cocktail’ tart
Try this ‘prawn cocktail’ tart for your next starter or appetiser. Delicious Tiger Prawns with a tempting cocktail sauce? Yes, please.
Note: + cooling time
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g firm ricotta (from the deli), crumbled
- 350g tub Persian Fetta, drained
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs cocktail sauce
- 16 Coles Australian Cooked Whole Tiger Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Cocktail sauce, extra, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pastry sheets on a clean work surface and cover with a damp tea towel. Brush 1 sheet with butter. Top with another sheet and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets and butter to make a stack. Place pastry stack in a 20cm x 30cm tart tin with removable base, allowing excess pastry to overhang. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, place the ricotta, fetta, lemon rind, lemon juice and cocktail sauce in a bowl and stir until smooth and well combined. Season.
Spoon ricotta mixture into the tart case and use the back of the spoon to spread evenly. Top with prawns, avocado and cucumber. Season. Drizzle with the oil and extra cocktail sauce to serve.
SERVE WITH: lemon wedges and dill sprigs