Prawn san choy bow
Crispy lettuce cups filled with juicy prawns and fresh-tasting greens? Yes, please! Ready in just 20 minutes, this is a summery dish you’ll want to make again and again.
- 500g Coles Raw Australian Peeled Prawns, deveined
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, drained, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 100g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs
Combine the prawns, ginger and five spice in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add half the prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 mins or until the prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining prawns.
Add the water chestnut to the wok or pan and stir-fry for 2 mins or until golden. Return the prawns to the wok or pan with the oyster sauce and 1 tbs of water. Stir-fry for 1 min or until the prawns are cooked through.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Top with the capsicum, carrot, beans, spring onion and prawn mixture. Season. Sprinkle with the coriander sprigs to serve.
Serve with lime wedges.