Prawn tom yum noodle soup
Made with rice noodles, veggies and prawns, this tasty tom yum soup is the perfect way to spice up your week.
- 200g pkt dried flat rice noodles
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 3 cups (750ml) salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 300g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500g raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 mins or until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, spray a medium saucepan with olive oil spray. Heat over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the stock and 2 cups (500ml) water and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins.
Add the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to the stock mixture. Stir to combine. Add the beans and tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins or until the beans are tender. Add the prawns and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 mins or until prawns curl and change colour.
Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup and top with coriander and basil to serve.
Serve with lime wedges