Pumpkin and caramel self-saucing pudding
Make the most of pumpkin’s bright colour and nutty flavour in this decadent self-saucing pudding. It’s topped with cashews for crunch.
Note: + 5 mins cooling time
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) coarsely grated pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (75g) cashews, toasted, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coles Golden Syrup
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish and place on a baking tray. Combine flour, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and 1/4 cup (55g) sugar in a large bowl. Add butter, milk, egg and half the cashew and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared dish and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with the remaining cashew.
Combine boiling water, golden syrup and remaining sugar in a large jug. Pour over the back of a spoon into the dish.
Bake for 30-35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the top comes out clean. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream.