This classic pasta dish has delicious flavours of tomato, olive and anchovy. Try it for a tasty weeknight dinner.
- 400g short-cut pasta (such as penne, farfalle or rigatoni)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) tomato passata
- 1/2 cup (75g) black olives, drained, sliced
- 2 tbs capers, drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water for 6-8 mins or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic, anchovy and chilli flakes, if using. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until anchovy dissolves. Add the tomato, passata, olive and capers. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-6 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly.
Add parsley to tomato mixture and stir to combine. Add the pasta and toss to combine. Transfer pasta mixture to a serving platter and serve immediately