Quick kale, bacon and mushroom spirals
Short on time? This quick kale, bacon and mushroom pasta recipe is as easy as it is delicious.
- 375g Cucina Matese Fusilli No.114
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 200g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunch kale, leaves coarsely torn
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until light golden. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the mushroom is tender. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, if using. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
Add wine or stock to the mushroom mixture and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the liquid reduces by half. Add the kale leaves, pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the kale just wilts. Season.
Divide the pasta mixture evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.