Rainbow salad with haloumi and lentils
This vibrant rainbow salad is loaded with crunchy veggies, chargrilled haloumi and lentils - dinner, done!
Note: + 5 mins standing time
- 150g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 200g Perino tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 200g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
Place the beans and baby broccoli in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 1-2 mins or until just tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels. Place the corn kernels in a separate heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 mins or until tender. Drain.
Arrange the bean mixture, lentils, onion, cucumber, cabbage and tomato on a serving platter. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the haloumi for 1-2 mins each side or until golden brown. Arrange over the salad. Sprinkle with corn.
Process the avocado, oil, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice in a food processor until combined. Serve with the salad.
Serve with: basil sprigs