Raspberry and chocolate hot cross bun pudding
Using day-old hot cross buns, white chocolate and raspberries, you can create this delicious pudding to finish off your Easter feast.
Note: + 15 mins soaking & 5 mins cooling time
- 5 Coles Bakery Chocolate Hot Cross Buns or Traditional Fruit Hot Cross Buns, day-old, split
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (85g) raspberry jam
- 1 cup (125g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 100g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish.
Spread the cut side of each bun half evenly with butter, then spread with jam. Arrange in the prepared pan, alternating the bases, jam-side up with the tops, cross-side up. Sprinkle with raspberries and white chocolate.
Whisk the egg, milk, cream and sugar in a large bowl, then strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Pour the custard mixture evenly over the buns. Set aside for 15 mins to soak.
Place the dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish. Bake for 35-40 mins or until custard is just set. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly before serving.