Roast beef and capsicum aioli baguettes
Whip up these tasty roast beef baguettes in just 15 minutes. Perfect for picnics, everyone will be reaching for one!
- 330g jar roasted peppers (capsicum), drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 11/2 Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Sourdough Baguettes*
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 500g Primo Roast Beef Thinly Sliced
- 200g Coles Swiss Style Cheese Slices
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
Place capsicum in a food processor with the garlic and anchovy and process until smooth. Add mayonnaise and process until well combined. Season.
Use a large serrated knife to cut the baguettes into 6 even portions. Split each baguette in half crossways.
Spread the capsicum aioli over the cut sides of each baguette. Place the baguette bases on a clean work surface and top with the basil leaves. Continue layering with the beef, cheese and watercress. Drizzle with any remaining capsicum aioli and top with baguette tops. Wrap in baking paper and secure with kitchen string to serve.
*Selected stores only.