Roasted capsicum salad
Asked to bring a side? This roasted capsicum salad is filled with goodness and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Note: + 30 mins marinating
- 3 large red capsicums, seeded, halved
- 2 large green capsicums, seeded, halved
- 2 x 250g pkts Coles Australian Sweet Baby Capsicums, seeded, halved
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried cranberries
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (40g) pitted Sicilian green olives, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Cut each red and green capsicum half into 3 even pieces. Arrange, cut-side up, in a single layer on 1 lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray.
Arrange the baby capsicum in a single layer on the remaining tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Bake combined capsicum for 30 mins or until the baby capsicum is tender. Remove the baby capsicum from the oven. Bake the red and green capsicum for a further 10 mins or until tender.
Meanwhile, place the cranberries in a small bowl with the vinegar and lemon juice. Set aside for 30 mins to soak.
Arrange the combined capsicum on a large serving platter. Spoon over the cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with the olive and capers. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the pine nuts and parsley to serve.
Go large: if you can’t get baby capsicums, use 2 large yellow capsicums instead. Cook them with the remaining red and green capsicum.