Roasted carrots with pumpkin seed pesto
This stunning side is drizzled with a homemade pumpkin seed pesto. The sweet carrots are seasoned to perfection and will pair well with any main.
- 3 bunches Dutch carrots, scrubbed, trimmed, or 600g baby carrots, peeled, halved
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), to serve
Pumpkin seed pesto
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80ml) avocado or olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange carrots on the lined tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with fennel and caraway seeds. Season well. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 mins or until golden and tender.
Meanwhile, to make pumpkin seed pesto, place rocket, basil, garlic, pepitas and parmesan in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Season.
Arrange the carrots and rocket on a serving platter. Drizzle with the pesto and yoghurt. Sprinkle with pepitas.
Got a jar of pesto in the pantry? Use it in this recipe to save time.