Roasted cauliflower dahl
Try this fragrant cauliflower dahl for a dinnertime hit on a budget.
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (75g) tikka masala curry paste
- 1/2 cup (120g) dried red lentils
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 220g green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the cauliflower on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Season. Roast for 20 mins or until cauliflower is tender and golden.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until onion softens. Add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Stir in lentils and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 mins or until lentils are tender.
Add beans to the lentil mixture with the roasted cauliflower. Stir until beans are tender. Top with coriander. Season.