Roasted tomato and bean soup
For a heart-warming veggie soup, try our tomato and bean soup.Loaded with veg and mouth-watering flavours, it makes a filling winter meal.
- 1kg roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 2 x 420g cans Coles Cannellini Beans, rinsed, drained
- 2/3 cup (190g) reduced-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
Preheat grill on high. Place the tomato, onion and garlic on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Cook under the grill for 10-15 mins or until the tomato blisters and onion softens.
Place zucchini on a greased baking tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook under the grill for 5 mins or until tender.
Meanwhile, place tomato mixture in a large saucepan with stock cube, beans and 2 cups (500ml) water. Bring to the boil. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a stick blender to carefully blend until smooth.
Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt, zucchini, pine nuts and basil to serve.