Roasted vegetable and sausage pasta
Enjoy this make-ahead roasted veggie and sausage pasta. It makes for an easy and tasty weeknight meal.
- 500g pkt Coles Australian Diced Butternut Pumpkin
- 2 zucchini, sliced crossways
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g Perino tomatoes, halved
- 375g penne or gluten-free pasta
- 500g pkt Coles Finest Angus Beef Garlic & Parsley Sausages or Italian Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 1/4 cup (65g) Coles Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Basil leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the pumpkin, zucchini and onion in a single layer on the lined tray. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 25 mins or until golden and tender, adding tomato to the tray in the last 10 mins of cooking.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5 mins or until golden and cooked through. Add the roasted vegetables, pasta, pesto and reserved cooking liquid. Toss to combine.
Divide pasta mixture evenly among serving bowls. Season. Sprinkle with the parmesan and basil leaves to serve.