Sage and cider pork roast
Served with apple, parsnips, broccoli, this sage and cider pork roast is definitely one to try.
Note: + 20 mins cooling time
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh sage
- 2kg Coles Australian Pork Leg Roast Boneless
- 4 parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) apple cider
- 4 pink lady apples, quartered
- 1/3 cup sage leaves
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed baby broccoli, to serve
Preheat oven to 230°C. Combine salt and sage in a small bowl. Rub salt mixture over pork rind and into the cuts.
Place pork in a large roasting pan. Roast for 30 mins or until the rind crackles. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Add the parsnip and cider. Roast for a further 1 hour 15 mins, adding the apple and sage for the last 30 mins of cooking.
Cover the pork with foil and set aside for 20 mins to rest. Slice and serve with parsnip, apple, mash, baby broccoli and the pan juices.