Salmon and veggie pot pies
Swap your usual chicken pot pie recipe for this tasty seafood version. Filled with salmon and veggies, it’s a must-try for cooler nights.
- 150g pkt Coles Kitchen Australian Broccoli Florets, coarsely chopped
- 150g pkt Coles Kitchen Australian Carrots & Green Beans, halved
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 460g Coles Tasmanian Salmon Portions Skin Off, cut into 3cm pieces
- 300g pkt Coles Kitchen Australian Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup (35g) sourdough breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup (90g) grated tasty cheddar
Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the broccoli and carrot and beans following packet directions. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until the leek softens. Add the flour and mustard powder and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Gradually whisk in stock. Add lemon rind and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until mixture boils and thickens. Add the salmon and broccoli mixture and cook for 3 mins or until salmon is just cooked through. Add the lemon juice.
Divide the salmon mixture among 4 shallow pie dishes. Combine the cauliflower rice, breadcrumbs and cheddar in a bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over dishes. Spray with olive oil spray. Place dishes on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden.
Serve with lemon wedges