Bite into crunchy toast topped with flaked salmon at your next party. Made with capers and cornichons, this French-style starter is full of flavour.
Note: + 2 hours chilling time
- 2 Coles Australian Salmon Skin On Portions
- 100g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbs whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- 1 tbs chopped dill
- Sliced Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Mini Pane Di Casa, toasted, to serve
Place fresh salmon in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until salmon is just cooked through.
Remove and discard the skin from the salmon. Place in a bowl. Flake the salmon into small pieces. Stir in the smoked salmon, cornichon, capers, shallot, mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish cream, mustard, chives and dill. Season. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
Serve with bread or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Serve with: drained baby capers, thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced cucumber and lemon wedges
Don’t have a steamer? Pan-fry the fresh salmon over medium heat, turning, for 5 mins or until cooked.