Salmon with bacon crumb and creamed spinach
Create a restaurant-quality meal at home using this recipe and Coles Aussie salmon.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (25g) Coles Asia Panko Crumbs
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped thyme
- 200ml thickened cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 280g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 4 Coles Australian Skinless Salmon Portions
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and panko crumbs and cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until golden. Add the thyme and season with pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel.
Place cream, garlic and lemon rind in the frying pan over high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 mins or until the cream reduces slightly. Add the spinach and cook for 1 min or until spinach just wilts. Season.
Meanwhile, spray salmon with olive oil spray and season. Heat another large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the salmon for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking.
Arrange the salmon over the spinach mixture in the pan. Sprinkle with the bacon mixture to serve.
Serve with lemon halves and thyme sprigs.