Sausage and vegetable soup
Loaded with sausage and veggies, this warming soup makes a hearty meal. Top it with parmesan for a sharper flavour.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g pkt Coles Vegetable Soup Kit
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups (1L) Coles Real Beef Stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 500g pkt Coles Finest Angus Beef Garlic Parsley Sausages
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded basil
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Coles Kitchen Garlic Baguette, heated, to serve
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables from the soup kit to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the vegetables soften. Add the stock, stock powder from the soup kit, tomato, chickpeas and 2 cups (500ml) water. Season. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board. Thickly slice.
Add the sausage to the chickpea mixture with the spinach and shredded basil. Cook for 3 mins or until the sausage is heated through and the spinach wilts.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with basil leaves and parmesan. Serve with the garlic bread.