Sausage pasta with greens and mint pesto
Step up your pasta game with this easy flavour explosion: greens, mint pesto and sausage. Even better, it’s on the table in 20 minutes.
- 375g Cucina Matese Farfalle Rigate
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 200g snow peas, halved crossways
- 500g pkt Coles Finest Australian Angus Beef Garlic & Parsley Sausages, casings removed
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 120g Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil or avocado oil
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the peas, asparagus and snow peas for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain well, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Return pasta mixture to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5 mins or until browned and cooked through.
Place the pistachios, parmesan, mint and half the rocket in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined.
Add the mint mixture, sausage meat and reserved cooking liquid to the pasta mixture and toss to combine. Gently fold in the remaining rocket. Divide evenly among serving bowls.