Sausage, tomato and eggplant gnocchi
Try this quick and easy weeknight winner. It’s hearty and delicious.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g pkt Coles Finest Angus Beef, Garlic & Parsley Sausages, casings removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g punnet Perino grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato pasta sauce (such as passata)
- 500g pkt potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage, stirring, for 4 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until soft. Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until golden brown.
Add the tomatoes, pasta sauce and sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens.
Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until just tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
Add the basil, gnocchi and reserved cooking liquid to the sausage mixture. Toss over medium-high heat for 1-2 mins or until heated through. Serve with the parmesan.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.