Sesame beef summer salad
Full of flavour and colour, this sesame beef summer salad is an easy and nutritious dinner. On the table in 30 minutes, it will be a new go-to.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 750g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Rump Steak, trimmed
- 4 cups (320g) shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup (55g) bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup (120g) unsalted cashews, toasted
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (20g) fried shallots
Combine lime juice, vinegar, oil and ginger in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour 1 tbs lime juice mixture over the steak and turn to coat. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the steak on the grill for 3-4 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, onion, cucumber, carrot, mint and sprouts in a large serving bowl. Toss with the remaining lime juice mixture.
Slice the steak. Serve the salad with steak, cashews, coconut and shallots. Season with pepper to serve.
Serve with lime wedges
Boost it: To add even more green goodness to this dish, serve the beef and salad mixture in lettuce cups.