Sesame-coated tuna croquettes with chilli slaw
Served with a spicy chilli slaw, these sesame-coated tuna croquettes are a tasty take on a classic. Serve with Kewpie mayo and for an extra hit of flavour.
- 350g Coles Kitchen Crème Royale Mashed Potato
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 350g pkt Coles Asian-style Salad Kit
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Kewpie mayonnaise, to serve
Combine mashed potato, tuna, spring onion and garlic in a bowl. Shape 2 tbs of the mixture into an oval shape and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 croquettes.
Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip 1 croquette into the egg, then toss in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Repeat with the remaining croquettes.
Pour enough oil into a large deep frying pan to reach 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the croquettes and cook, turning, for 6-8 mins or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a clean plate lined with paper towel.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad kit in a large bowl following packet directions. Add the chilli, if using, and toss to combine.
Divide the croquettes and salad mixture among serving plates. Serve with the mayonnaise.