Silverbeet coleslaw with sticky chicken
Freshen up your mid-week dinner with this colourful dish. Packed with crunchy veg and sticky chicken, it's a winner.
Note: + cooling & 15 mins marinating time
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbs sriracha or chilli sauce
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stems trimmed, finely shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 head baby cos lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (140g) light Greek-style yoghurt
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine chicken, honey, soy sauce, 11/2 tbs sriracha or chilli sauce and 3 tsp kecap manis in a large bowl. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Arrange the chicken in a single layer over the lined tray. Bake, turning occasionally, for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine silverbeet, cabbage, lettuce, apple and carrot in a large bowl. Combine the yoghurt, remaining sriracha or chilli sauce and remaining kecap manis in a small bowl, adding a little hot water to loosen the dressing slightly, if necessary. Season.
Slice the chicken. Divide silverbeet mixture and chicken evenly among serving bowls. Season. Drizzle with yoghurt mixture and any tray juices.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.