Slow cooked beef and potatoes
For a soul-warming meal, give this slow cooked beef a go. Serve it with fresh sourdough for a filling dinner the family will love.
- 900g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Chuck Steak, halved crossways
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium white potatoes, chopped
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Sourdough Vienna, sliced, toasted to serve
Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the beef and flour in a bowl. Toss until beef is well coated, shaking off excess.
Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 3 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion and bacon to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion softens slightly. Return the beef to the pan with any juices on the plate. Add the stock and vinegar. Bring to the boil. Add the potato. Season. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 30 mins or the beef is tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
Add the spinach to the beef mixture in the pan and gently fold to combine. Serve with the bread.