Slow cooker baked beans
These slow cooker baked beans are rich in flavour. With just 10 minutes prep time, this dish is as easy as it gets.
Note: + overnight soaking time
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) mixed dried beans (we used black beans and white beans)
- 1 Coles Deli Smoked Ham Hock
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs Coles Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs treacle
- 2 tsp Coles Dijon Mustard
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Sourdough, to serve
Place the beans in a large bowl. Cover with cold water and set aside to soak overnight. Drain well.
Place the beans in a slow cooker with the ham hock, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, treacle and mustard. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 hours on high (or for 12 hours on low) or until the beans are tender and the ham is falling off the bone.
Transfer the ham hock to a plate. Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the ham. Discard the bone. Return ham to the bean mixture and stir to combine. Season. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sourdough.