Slow cooker cauliflower with lentil and chilli dhal
Packed with delicious spices, this slow cooked cauliflower is guaranteed to hit the spot.
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head (about 1kg) cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 60g baby spinach leaves
Combine the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, cinnamon, chilli, lentils, tomato and 3 cups (750ml) water in a slow cooker. Top with the cauliflower. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the lentils and cauliflower are tender.
Transfer the cauliflower to a plate. Add coconut milk and spinach to the lentil mixture and stir to combine.
Cut the cauliflower into wedges and serve with the lentil mixture.