Slow cooker chicken curry
Filled with veggies and rich flavour, this chicken curry dish will warm up the whole family.
- 800g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) dried chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (100g) mild Indian curry paste (such as korma)
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Coles Coconut Milk
- 175g green beans, trimmed
Remove skin from chicken and discard. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker with the chickpeas.
Reduce heat to medium. Add carrot and onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until vegetables soften and are golden. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Add the stock, tomato and coconut milk and stir to combine, gently scraping the base of the pan. Pour the onion mixture over the chicken and chickpeas in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook for 3½ hours on high (or 5½ hours on low). Add the beans. Cover and cook for 30 mins on high or until the chicken is cooked through and beans are tender.
Serve with basmati rice, yoghurt, sliced cucumber and naan bread