Slow cooker chicken primavera risotto
Beat busy weeknights with this set-and-forget chicken risotto. It’s easy to prep and big on flavour.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbs finely grated parmesan
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach & Rocket
Heat 1 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the grains appear glassy. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Transfer rice mixture and stock to slow cooker. Cover. Cook for 1 1/2 hours on low.
Add the zucchini, asparagus and peas to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 hour on low or until the chicken is cooked through, the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy.
Process the pine nuts, parmesan, half the spinach and rocket and the remaining oil in a food processor until combined.
Divide risotto among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining spinach and rocket. Spoon over the pesto to serve.