Slow cooker tangy BBQ sauce
This slow cooker tangy BBQ sauce is worth the wait.
4 cups (1L)
Note: + Cooling time
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, seeded, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (70g) Coles Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs molasses or treacle
- 20g butter, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
Combine tomato, onion, garlic, lemon, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, molasses or treacle, butter, salt and 1 cup (250ml) water in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook for 4 hours on high.
Uncover and cook for 2 hours on high or until sauce thickens. Use a stick blender to carefully blend until smooth.
Divide the sauce among airtight jars. Seal and set aside to cool completely. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.