Smashed avocado and chickpea sandwich
This smashed avo and chickpea sandwich is perfect for an easy lunch. Ready in 10 minutes, it will be your new go-to.
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled, mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 8 slices Coles 85% Lower Carb Bread
- 1 1/3 cups shredded hot roast chicken
- 30g baby spinach and rocket leaves
Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and use a fork to coarsely crush. Stir in the avocado, lime juice and chilli flakes, if using. Season with pepper.
Spread the avocado mixture evenly on 4 slices of bread. Top with chicken and spinach and rocket. Top with remaining bread slices to serve