Smoked salmon bagel salad
We’ve taken inspiration from the smoked salmon bagel for this tasty salad recipe. It’s an easy dinner idea for when you need a quick feed.
Note: + 20 mins soaking time
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 Coles Sesame Bagels, split, lightly toasted, torn
- 150g light cream cheese
- 120g Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 200g smoked salmon slices
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Season. Add the onion and toss well to coat. Set aside, stirring often, for 20 mins to soak.
Spread the bagel pieces with the cream cheese. Arrange on a serving platter with the rocket, salmon and cucumber. Drain the onion mixture, reserving the pickling liquid.
Arrange the onion over the salad. Sprinkle with the dill and capers. Drizzle with the reserved pickling liquid and serve immediately.