Spanakopita-style chicken burger
Served with creamy aioli, these spanikopita-style chicken burgers are a delicious and easy dinner.
Note: + cooling time
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Mince
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- 1 tbs chopped dill
- 4 Coles Bakery Light Sourdough Hamburger Rolls*, split, toasted
- 1/2 cup (150g) garlic aioli
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, mashed
- Sweet potato chips, to serve
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and spinach. Cook for 1 min, stirring occasionally, or until the spinach wilts. Set aside to cool slightly.
Place the mince, spinach mixture, fetta and dill in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide into 4 even portions. Shape each portion into a 10cm patty.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 4 mins each side or until cooked through.
Divide the roll bases among serving plates. Spread the bases evenly with the aioli. Top with the lettuce, tomato, patties and avocado. Season with pepper. Top with roll tops and serve with sweet potato chips.
*Selected stores only.