Speedy chicken and egg noodle soup
Craving chicken noodle soup? Whip up this quick and easy version for a dinner to warm the soul.
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 300g egg noodles
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (80g) miso paste
- 2 cups shredded Coles Portuguese Hot Roast Chicken
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 3 tsp chilli paste (optional)
Place the stock and 4 cups (1L) water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Add half the spring onion to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until aromatic. Add the noodles and baby broccoli. Cook for 3 mins or until the noodles are tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the miso and chicken. Stir until combined and heated through.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Crack 2 eggs into the pan. Cook for 2 mins or until the eggs are golden underneath and the yolks are set or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
Divide the noodle mixture evenly among serving bowls. Top with the eggs. Sprinkle with remaining spring onion and drizzle with the chilli paste, if using.